2020 Rouleur Syrah

Product Image
2020 Rouleur Syrah
2020 Rouleur Syrah

The new name for our Syrah is Rouleur! It is a complex berry BOMB of aromas and flavors! Very beautiful!

Tasting notes

-"A Rouleur is a professional cyclist who is good at everything on the road."

Dark Red hue. Out of the glass aromas of huckleberry, dark red raspberry, marionberry, and blueberry EXPLODE! Underneath the berry bomb are notes of dried lavender, pie crust, toasted vanilla bean, French oak perfume. The mouthfeel is balanced, fresh with flavors that mirror the aromas. The Rouleur is delicious and beautiful.

Production notes

The Rouleur is from the 1999 plantings of Syrah at Olsen Ranch. The grapes were hand-harvested on September 11. We destemmed 70% of the grapes and the remaining 30% was added to the fermentation tank whole cluster. The Syrah was fermented with yeast specific for the varietal. The Syrah must was pumped over twice daily until fermentation was complete. The grapes were gently press and wine was barreled down to six 300 liter French Oak barrels, 33% new for 17 months. The Syrah was not racked and was bottled unfined and unfiltered.

Other notes

INGREDIENTS & ADDITIONS: Syrah grapes, yeast, yeast nutrients, tartaric acid, oak, and SO2.

Varietal Composition100% Syrah
AppellationYakima Valley
Acid4.7 g/L
Residual Sugar0.09 g/l
Volume750 ml
Bottling Date04/05/2022
Cases Produced200
Country of OriginUNITED STATES
State of OriginWashington

Olsen Ranch Vineyard block 14 and 20.

Brett Isenhower

Add to Cart
Price $42.00
Add to Cart
Subtotal: $0.00
Shopping Summary

There are currently
no items in your cart.

Shop Now

Loading... Modal Background

Please wait while we process your order...